The Tulane National Primate Research Center offers a nine-week Summer Research Program to a limited number of undergraduate students interested in biomedical research. The program introduces students to the principles and practice of scientific research with the goal of stimulating students to pursue careers in research.
After successful candidates are paired by a selection committee with a TNPRC faculty mentor, they will be expected to complete a short research project and present the findings to the Primate Center’s faculty and staff. Students assigned to laboratory-based projects do not have contact with nonhuman primates.
Program openings are available in the following divisions of the TNPRC:
Applicants may state division preference, but will not be able to pre-select. The program's selection committee assigns students to mentors.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
- Program Dates: May 31 - August 2, 2024 (9 weeks)
NOTE: Attendance is required for the 9-week duration, only apply if you can make this commitment.
Successful candidates will receive $12.50 per hour (based on 37.5 hour work week) for the duration of the program
Current student in good academic standing that has completed one year of undergraduate coursework in biology or biomedical related fields
Interested in considering a career in research
Motivated to participate in ongoing research projects at the TNPRC
Own transportation and housing arrangements. TNPRC is located in Covington, a small town 39 miles north of New Orleans. There is neither public transportation nor sidewalks/bicycle paths in the surrounding area.
All documents should be in .pdf format and addressed to the "Program Coordinator"
1. The following documents are to be emailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official transcript(s) - Request the University/College to email directly
- Two letters of recommendation - from past or current employers, professors, or peers.
2. Upload the following documents to the online application
- Cover letter, outlining career goals. Please include current email address and cell phone number.
- Resume, including academic awards, significant accomplishments, and participation in organizations.
Questions? Email email@example.com