The Tulane National Primate Research Center offers a nine-week Summer Veterinary Program to a limited number of veterinary students. Successful program candidates are paired with a TNPRC faculty veterinarian and exposed to all aspects of diagnostic and clinical veterinary medicine including breeding colony health surveillance, research support, clinical nonhuman primate medicine, surgery, pathology, and regulatory compliance. At the end of the program, students will be expected to present a short case report to the Primate Center’s faculty and staff.
- Application deadline: January 31, 2024
- Program dates: May 31- August 2, 2024 (9 weeks)
**NOTE: Attendance is required for the 9-week duration of the program. Apply only if you can make this commitment.
Successful candidates will receive $17.31 per hour (based on 37.5 hour work week) for the duration of the program.
- Completion of the first, second or third year of veterinary school. Preference is given to students in the second and third years.
- Motivation to learn laboratory animal medicine, specifically nonhuman primate medicine and surgery in a research setting.
- Own transportation and housing arrangements. Please note that TNPRC is located in Covington, Louisiana, approximately 39 miles north of New Orleans. Neither public transportation nor sidewalks/bicycle paths are available in the surrounding area.
All documents should be in .pdf format and addressed to the "Program Coordinator"
1. The following documents are to be emailed directly to: email@example.com
- Official transcript(s) - Request the university/college to email directly
- Two letters of recommendation - from past or current employers, professors, or peers
2. Upload the following documents to the online application
- Cover letter, outlining career goals. Please include current email address and cell phone number.
- Resume, including academic awards, significant accomplishments, and participation in organizations.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org